Welders are responsible for fabricating assemblies within defined standards and processes through general MIG welding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads blueprints, production documents, and/or other information to determine weld specifications and requirements.
- Prepares metal surfaces for welding.
- Performs welding of various metals using MIG.
- Operates cutting torch and/or grinder; adapts the fit of parts for a weld.
- Troubleshoots and inspects work for defects and compliance with specifications; touch up with grinder as required.
- Operates forklift in moving large items, pallets, or bins.
- Monitors and inspects equipment and performs or requests maintenance as indicated.
- Prepares, cleans, and maintains a safe workstation/environment by complying with procedures, rules/regulations, and safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- For safety, performance, and productivity, must be able to read, write, and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to read blueprints with welding symbols and use measuring instruments; read, interpret, and follow instructions, work orders, and engineered drawings.
- Knowledge of welding machines, able to adjust voltage and amperage settings as necessary.
- Basic understanding of production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills, math and measurement aptitude, and ability to solve problems.
- Previous welding work experience is required (working in a manufacturing/production work environment or working in a welding shop).
- Ability to qualify for and retain forklift licensure.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Physically active position requiring medium to heavy work with consistent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.; requires exerting force.
- Requires being able to stand and walk for long periods of time; 98% of the shift, including overtime, requires standing and/or walking.
- To perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to, below, or above shoulder level/overhead, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands and/or fingers to handle, grasp, manipulate, grip, and use tools.
- Essential duties and responsibilities are typically performed while standing or while intermittently sitting, walking, bending, kneeling, climbing, crouching, or stooping; requires reaching, pushing, pulling, and gripping/grasping.
- Visual acuity and hand/eye coordination; requires the ability to see and hear.
- Regular exposure to noise and vibration from pneumatic tools, moving machines, fumes, and occasionally airborne dust and particles.
- Regular exposure to seasonal temperature changes in the work environment.
Please submit resume to email@example.com or by calling 662-746-4464.